The slide show is fun and easy to use if you keep a few things in mind.
As you well know, it takes time to download image files. Each picture
in the slide show will take from 30 seconds to a minute to load using a
56K connection if the Internet is not too busy. And if it is busy or you
have a slower modem, then it can take longer.
Now the good news:
You don't have to wait for the pictures to load.
You can look through the rest of the web site as they are being loaded in the background.
The status line a the bottom of the separate Slide Show window will show you how many files remain to be loaded.
When they are done the activity indicator will stop and the browser will display "Done".
Controlling the Slide Show is Easy:
- Clicking on the "Start / Stop / Pause" key on the left side of the caption
to start the show. A new picture will be displaced every 2.5 seconds.
- Click it again and the Slide Show will Pause.
- To step through the pictures one at a time, click the Single Step key on
the right side of the caption.
- To Single Step backwards, hold down the shift key when you click.
- Some captions are longer than three lines. Scroll down to read it
- Each time you click on one of the keys the Status line at the bottom of the browser will
tell you if the Slide Show is Running or Paused.